Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year!

An hour to go and it'll be midnight here in Zimbabwe. I've had crazy NYEs, quiet NYEs, family NYEs and lots of scrambling to make my room acceptable to my Mom's eyes - in the Philippines, there's a belief that what you're doing, what you have and the state of your house (or room for that matter) at midnight will be a reflection of the year to come. I wonder what my next year will be, considering that at the moment I'm tucked in on the top bunk of one of the dorm beds in my hostel, listening to other guests talk about killing animals and farming, contemplating my year ahead and writing on my blog with the use of my iPhone.

Que serĂ¡, serĂ¡. Whatever will be, will be.

I'm looking forward to 2016. I have another year to go in Tanzania, more traveling to plan, more pool parties to have, more people to meet and more time to spend with my favorite people. I can go on and on. I have a lot to be grateful for. For the year that was and the year that will be. 

Thank you universe. Happy New Year everyone!

"Tomorrow is the first blank page of a 365-page book. Write a good one."
Brad Paisley