Saturday, November 7, 2015

Boredly yours, Angela

When I was a kid and I had to tag along with my parents everywhere --- I'd end up reading a book in a corner. It would sometimes be weird but I was a kid and therefore that was acceptable or at least could be overlooked. Now that I'm older and sometimes in situations where I don't have anyone to talk to or have anything to do, I just want to take out my Kindle and read. I find it funny that now it's more socially acceptable to be on your phone than read a book when people are supposedly interacting with each other around you.

Anybody else with me? What do you do when people are speaking in another language, or watching TV, or doing something else you're not interested in but you can't leave?

P.S. I wrote this post during one such situation.