Wednesday, May 21, 2014

My Top 5 Beaches (that I've been to)

Although I’m not as well-traveled as I’d like to be, I can’t help but think of my past destinations and the places I definitely wouldn’t mind seeing again. I'm so over this rainy season and just dreaming of awesome beaches.

To make it less complicated, this is just a list of my top 5 islands/beaches I’ve been to

(in no particular order)

1. Coco Loco Island, Palawan, Philippines
picture from http://modessaisland.com/
I was here more than 6 years ago with my sister and my aunt, Tita Gelie. It’s a tiny island where everyone has a beachfront hut. The food was amazing and certainly satisfied my beach hunger --- almost like my hungerover :)

2. Boracay, Philippines
picture from http://destinationcebu.com/
I can’t count how many times I’ve been to this island. It has changed so much over the years but I still remember how it looked in 2004 when I graduated from uni and my sister brought me there as a birthday/graduation gift. I’ll be there again in December for her wedding.

3. Koh Yao Noi, Thailand


This island in the south of Thailand isn’t very big and neither is it party central. It’s amazingly chill though (perhaps too much so) and the best part is it’s so safe we did not lock our doors – we didn’t even have a key – and we left our motorbike keys in the ignition.

4. Koh Phangan
picture from http://www.thailandyoga.net/

I debated putting Koh Phi Phi Leh (best known for the movie “The Beach”) on this slot but Koh Phangan won because I can still remember the breathtaking view when you drive around its coast. On a motorbike, you will feel like you’re flying when you’re going downhill.

5. Caramoan, Camarines Sur, Philippines
picture from http://bidakapamilya.blogspot.co.uk/

Virgin Boracay. This little gem in the Bicol Region is yet another place I need to go back to. I went to 3 or 4 of its islands but as is always the case in the Philippines, there’s always more to see. Be sure to check the weather before you go there though.


and the 15 that I haven’t been to that are on top of my other list


  • Baia do Sancho, Brazil
  • Whitehaven Beach, Whitsunday Islands, Australia
  • Playa de Ses Illetes, Formentera, Spain
  • Rabbit Beach, Lampedusa, Italy
  • Anse Source d'Argent, La digue, Seychelles
  • Lanikai Beach, Kailua, Hawaii
  • Rhossili Bay, Swansea, Wales
  • Playa Norte Beach, Mexico
  • Tubbataha Reefs, Philippines (can I count that)
  • Bora Bora, Tahiti
  • Cabbage Beach, Paradise Island, Bahamas
  • Palaui Island, Cagayan Valley, Philippines
  • Pulau Perhentian Kecil, Malaysia
  • Gardney Bay, Espanola Island, Ecuador
  • Boulders Beach, Cape Town, Africa
Who knows if/when I can tick them off my list. I'll definitely blog about it... Do you have a list like mine?